Tanunda Lutheran Home has grown to be one of the largest aged care facilities in rural South Australia since its inception in 1952 and continues to operate as a not-for-profit incorporated body governed by a Board of Management.
The Home was founded on the vision, generosity and determination of the community to create a facility of unprecedented community value that would serve the aged and special needs client’s within the community - this continues to be the underpinning ethos of an organisation that has positioned itself with 21st century as an innovative provider of aged care within a paradigm of technological change and ageing in place ideology.
Permanent and Respite Care
Tanunda Lutheran Home offers both permanent and respite care. An assessment by the Aged Care Assessment team is essential to determine your level of care. Our Placement Coordinator is available to discuss your needs and our accommodation availability once you have received this assessment.
If you require high or low level respite care we have allocated suites available. If you wish to make a booking in advance please ensure you contact our Placement Coordinator.
Dementia Specific Services
A well established and supported program is available for residents with dementia in a secure environment.
Medical and Health Professionals
Professionals visit regularly to maintain the health of our residents and to ensure active treatments and rehabilitation programs are in place.
Tanunda Lutheran Home have a Pastor onsite who is available for all residents and their families. Please speak to the Registered Nurse on duty to request this service. Services are held on Sundays at 10.30am in the Gramp Chapel. Spiritual services include, counselling, bible studies, hymn singing and pastoral care.
Facilities At Tanunda Lutheran Home:
- Spacious, private suites
- Twin share rooms
- Living areas containing family style kitchens, dining and lounge room facilities
- Suites are available for couples
- Individual, group and social therapy
- In-house home-style catering and laundry service
- Security monitoring and best practice care interventions
- Qualified staff trained in the areas of palliative care, holistic care, dementia care, continence management, wound care
- 24-hour nursing and personal care support
- Hairdresser, speech therapy, dietitian, physiotherapy and podiatry services
- Active social and leisure programs – a comprehensive program caters for the social and leisure interests of residents and is an important part of the holistic care at Tanunda Lutheran Home
- Bereavement support for residents and family
- Volunteers – the home relies on the support of volunteers to assist in many and varied roles to support our residents.
Nursing home features
Types of care
- Residential aged care
Tanunda Lutheran Home has a single room, with ensuite available.
Room features include electric bed, over way table, large wall mounted flat screen smart TV, side cupboard and all built in draws, bench and wardrobes.
Hairdresser, cafe, physio and podiatry on site. Visiting Dentist and Optometrist.
For further information, please contact Sharryn Hueppauff - Placement Coordinator on 0885637713, between the hours of 8.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday.
Tanunda Lutheran Home has a shared room, suitable for a couple, in our memory support area, with shared ensuite available.
Room features include, electric bed, over way table, large wall mounted flat screen smart TV, side cupboard and all built in draws, bench and cupboards.
Hairdresser, café, physio, podiatry on site. Visiting Dentist and Optometrist.
For further information, please contact Sharryn Hueppauff (Placement Coordinator) on 0885 63 7713 between the hours of 8.30am and 4.30pm Monday to Friday.