After practising as a lawyer for many years in both the private and public sectors and working extensively with clients in nursing homes over the last decade, Lewis Chiat the principal consultant of All About Aged Care realised that many of his clients had entered aged care facilities with an inadequate understanding of the process.
Many family members said it was the most difficult decision they had ever had to make. At the same time they had to confront the difficulties of dealing with and completing the paperwork required by Centrelink, ensuring they properly understood their loved one’s financial situation and the consequences this would have on pension entitlements and care costs. In addition there is the stress of locating, choosing and negotiating with a residential care facility – all within a very tight time frame.
A further concern, that was voiced repeatedly, is that once their loved one had been placed in a facility, there was no one to advocate on their behalf.
Lewis decided to establish All About Aged Care so that there is a placement consultancy that will provide an independent, impartial, informed, cost-effective and on-going service to its clients. A placement consultancy providing fair priced, professional, caring, accurate and timely advice.
We agree a fair fee in advance for our services reflecting the work to be done and the value to the client and his or her loved ones of the peace of mind that the proper completion of this work will bring. We will not take any steps without your prior authorisation.
We accompany you and your loved one on their aged care transition.
- meet with you in order to get to know and understand what the future resident's needs and wishes are;
- we make sure we and you have a proper understanding of your financial situation and its effect on the costs of future care;
- we will deal with and then complete and submit the paperwork for Centrelink;
- identify suitable options for respite or permanent placement and will accompany you to inspect your shortlisted facilities;
- once you have chosen a facility we will negotiate the terms of entry with the facility and guide you through the Residential Accommodation Contract; and
- after your loved one has moved into aged care we will continue to monitor their well-being and advocate on their behalf if necessary.
Advisors & Professional Services
- Available in WA
- Placement consultants